BIHR occupies a beautiful low-rise and modern campus in Barbar, ten minutes drive from the centre of Manama, Bahrainís capital city. The campus offers a pleasant, comprehensive and secure environment for study and has all the facilities one would expect of a modern vocational college.
- Career Presentations: throughout the academic year, BIHR invites potential employers to inform students about the various career opportunities within their companies or industries. Companies regularly recruit on campus for on-the-job training and permanent career opportunities.
- Class-seminar and syndicate rooms: a variety of spacious and air-conditioned rooms equipped with LCD projectors and other educational technology and educational aids make for a pleasant and rewarding learning experience.
- Computer services: there is a fully equipped computer laboratory on campus and in addition the campus offers comprehensive Wi-Fi coverage
- Counselling: There are male and female counsellors for any personal, job placement or career guidance advice. Academic counselling is conducted through class faculty and the heads of subject units. In addition, management and senior staff members are available to assist students in these fields if required
- Events: there is a fully air-conditioned auditorium for conducting seminars and cultural events and other spaces too can (and are!) utilized for student social activities and projects.
- Lockers: lockers and other secure storage is available for student use
- Prayer rooms: prayer rooms are provided for men and women
- Resource Centre: the Resource Centre includes reference sources and books on all aspects of hospitality, tourism and retail business management as well as educational directories, and general reference material. Audio self-study language units are also available. Opening hours are posted on the Resource Centre bulletin board
- Restaurant: there is an on-campus dining facility offering a variety of meals and snacks to students.
What students say
Abulsamad Jasim Saleh Hasan
I learnt how to gain positive attitude and work under pressure, it was very interesting and it gave me the right career.
Abdullah Mansoor Habib
I developed the skill of effective communication, and was encouraged to speak English, and now I donít hesitate to deal with any customer in the service industry.
Abdullah Saleh Megesh
I developed my English language , and it gave me the right career and I have reached Assistant Manger in my job within 5 months only and its all because of the institute , I thank you all for your support.
Iíve improved my ability in dealing with different personalities.
Iíve improved my listening and negotiation skills with others.
I have improved my knowledge and language and Iím very happy about having a multicultural environment.
I have learnt how to deal with different cultures and improved my self confidence, and learning is a very enjoyable experience in the institute